Thursday 12 July 2012

today I am wearing...

I feel brain dead today.  It's the weather.  It really does affect me.  I feel dull and cloudy. So, as a result, I've done stuff all today. What a waste. I've spent way too long looking at street style blog sites. Choc full of urban fashion for the 16-25 year olds mainly. All photographed properly, not a quick snap on an iPhone, taken by a eight year old in the hall (on the way out to school), or handheld in the downstairs loo, like mine!
For a laugh I set up an account on Look Book and Chictpoia. I swear I am the oldest person signed up, but what the hell!

It's bizarre this ageing thing...  You definitely are far more fashion edgy when you're young.  You take risks, go to extremes, you demand to be noticed. You truly believe that you are original.  I did.  I swore I'd never confirm to high street fashion.  How things change...

When does that stop?  To be totally honest, for me, I think it was when I moved in with an older man.  At first he loved my young, feisty, trendy/alternative look.  The short skirts and low tops and out there styles.  But then slowly he chipped away at me until I conformed to the 30 year old that he really wanted me to be.  Did he suddenly realise he looked ridiculous with an 18 year old on his arm? I didn't even really notice at the time, and by the time I did I'd lost my look and moved on.

Now, I dress for me.  I don't follow trends really, I just wear what I feel like when I get up in the morning, in what I like.

Today - it's still pissing down, so jeans again. Ugh.

Hot Options Jacket, assorted bangles, my old stilettos and grey jeans

No comments:

Post a Comment