Tuesday 19 February 2013

pre autumn blues

I know it's silly, but I'm dreading winter.  After two days of cooler, rainy weather, and seeing all the autumnal clothes in the shops, it's made me realise again how much I hate cold weather. 

I know it's not as bad when the sun shines, and yes, yes, I know it doesn't get really cold here (in sunny Queensland), but it's cold enough for me! So, in a month or two it'll be back to jeans and cardigans, scarves and boots (to keep my icy feet warm). Ugh. 

I don't know how people cope living in a crap climate.  I could never live back in the UK again, that's for sure.  All those cold dark mornings, the grey skies, the biting winds and glum faces.  Don't get me wrong, I loved living in London.  I still occasionally miss living in such a diverse, vibrant, culturally rich city. But nowadays I just couldn't do the weather.

Once again I will have to say 'so long' to my simple, easy dress wardrobe and bring out the layers. Maybe I'd be more excited about it if I have an long, lean athletic body, the 'apple' shape, that looked effortlessly glam in just a black v-neck and pair of skinny slacks.  Unfortunately that same outfit on my 'pear' shape just looks boring and frumpy. And I'm not really a tights person either.  I can't stand feeling so 'enclosed' in the undercarriage department. 

Anyway, enough with the moaning!  This is what I wish I looked good in...

(source net-a-porter.com)


Gucci cigerette trousers
(sorry I jusy can not says 'pants'!)
Stella McCartney flares


Theyskens' Theory leather Jadra' jacket
Marni v neck jumper
Saint Laurent ankle boots
Jimmy Choo 'Anouk' patent heels

No comments:

Post a Comment